Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Armchair BEA 2013: Day 1 (Introductions)

This is my very first Armchair BEA participation and I’m really excited to get started! For those of you who do not know, BEA or Book Expo America is a weeklong convention, held on New York City for book lovers. It is run alongside a Book Blogger Convention where each day there is a different topic for bloggers to talk about. For Day 1, it will be an introductory post! The gorgeous people from BEA asked us to answer five questions from a pre-determined list. Here are the five questions I chose to answer:

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? 

My name is Marius and I have been blogging for exactly one year and twenty one days now! I got into blogging since I wanted to share my opinions on books I have read. Aside from that, I also felt the need to have another place (except Goodreads) to share my tremendous love of books and meet fellow bookworms as well. I will be taking up Chemical Engineering and am about to start my first year at USC soon, so I guess I would have to lessen my blogging to focus on my studies.

2. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. 

I watch a lot of reality shows and I especially love watching American Idol (I LOVE YOU ANGIE MILLER!!!), Dancing with the Stars, and So You Think You Can Dance. I am also a fairly good amateur Standard and Latin Ballroom dancer. I am deeply obsessed with the movie/musical ‘Les Miserables’ and I can quote lines from it word for word.
     
3. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? 

If I could eat dinner with any character it’d definitely be The Little Prince from Antoine de Saint-Exupery’s famous novella! The Little Prince has been a huge childhood inspiration to me and I’d sure love to have dinner with him face to face.

4. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why? 

I’d like to say Hogwarts, Middle Earth, or Narnia, but since they’re too cliché, I’m choosing Catskill Mountains instead (from the book My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George)! You see, I’m a huge nature lover and a fan of the book since I read it when I was a kid and I’d really love to live like how Sam Gribley did on the wilderness.

5. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? 

Ah yes. I just love every single bookworm behind the blogging community! I follow a lot of awesome bloggers and I hope to have coffee with them someday and just talk about great books. And I guess the publishers and publicists from different publishing companies deserves an acknowledgement too for providing all of us book bloggers an opportunity to review books before anyone else does.
.
.
.
And oh before I forget! Make sure to visit Armchair BEA's official site for news about daily blogging themes,  discussions, giveaways, and many more!

10 comments:

  1. Don't worry about cliches! I think everyone wants to visit Hogwarts... And yes fellow Les Mis fan hi. *can also fan over it with you for ages if you want* It's nice meeting you. Enjoy BEA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a cool bookworm! Le Petit Prince is the biz. Narnia is a child's paradise (to a degree, of course). And I do my housework practically every week to Les Mis (every other week it's Phantom of the Opera!) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be a cliche but I'd love to visit Hogwarts as well ;)

    Congrats on your recent blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also watch So You Think You Can Dance--it's a reality show I can get behind because it's about talent, not about making fun of people or embarrassing them. It's so inspiring to see a hip hop dancer do ballet, things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use to be a HUGE reality TV fan, especially some of the ones you mentioned, but stopped when I moved and decided not to bring my TV with me. I still watch some TV shows online, but I feel like a lot of the reality TV shows are more fun when they're watched live.
    Chemical Engineering is quite impressive. I definitely stuck to my books in college, so I'm always astounded when people can DO math/science stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Les Mis too, I know On My Own by heart. The bloggers are my favorite part of blogging too, as well as wanting to go to Hogwarts!
    There should be an event to just celebrate publishers, editors and publicists!

    :e love how you show how to make cool smiley faces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great it didn't work. I'll try again and then go. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower! I love SYTYCD too! I don't think Hogwarts, Middle Earth, or Narnia are too cliche! They just happen to be the best EVER! Welcome to Armchair BEA by the way!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love Les Miserables too (the theater production more than the movie). I've experienced it 5 times in the last 3 years! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I specifically listed the a bubble bath in the prefect bathroom at Hogwarts when I did a "top ten places to read" post. Hogwarts is just fantastic and who wouldn't want to go there. :)

    ReplyDelete