Friday, May 31, 2013

Armchair BEA 2013: Day 4 (Non-Fiction)

Do you read non-fiction? Why or why not?

Yes, just recently! I have mentioned in my previous Armchair BEA post that I have been reading genres that are usually out of my usual comfort zone nowadays and one of those genres is Non-Fiction! The only Non-Fiction books I’ve read in the past are those from school and I’ve never attempted (or thought) reading one until someone suggested The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. Now that was a huge eye opener for me. After reading that book, I realized there was more to Non-Fiction than I imagined!

Is there a specific type of non-fiction that you prefer to read (i.e., historical, true crime, memoirs, biographies, etc.)?

I typically enjoy reading about true crime and history but I have been reading a few biographies and memoirs recently by Frank McCourt!

 What is the perfect book for a first-time non-fiction reader?

I definitely recommend The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I did!
.
.
.

Make sure to enter my Armchair BEA International giveaway here!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot about True Crime! When I was in high school I was really into that genre. Haven't read one in a long time, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like true crime you might really like The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. It's magnificent! :D

    Frank McCourt's books are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, also meant to mention that you'd probably LOVE In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. True crime at it's finest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say I love your layout? It is so cute and fun and colorful!

    Have never read Anne Frank's diary but have heard loads about it since young, am definitely gonna have to get a chance to read it someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I loved Diary of a Young Girl when I was a kid. That's a good one!

    I read quite a bit of non-fiction but don't really like memoirs or biographies/autobiographies. After reading all the mentions of them today I might need to change that though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Diary of a young girl was a fantastic book, I havent read it since high school but it was one of the only non-fictions that I have enjoy from start to finish. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Memoir is probably my favorite category of non-fiction, although travelogues are also pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete