Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA 2013: Day 2 (Genre Fiction)

         
I read just about almost anything, but Mystery has been my favorite genre since my Elementary days. For some unknown reason, they’re just so addictive and I can’t stop myself from picking random mystery books from the library/bookstore. I really like mysteries since they make me think and they always have unpredictable twists and turns. My love affair with mysteries began when I was a child since I grew up reading Nancy Drew, The Bobbsey Twins, Boxcar Children, Sherlock Holmes, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and Hardy Boys. It has been a routine for me to read at least a mystery book a week and I couldn't really imagine how boring my week would be without mysteries.


My all time favorite mystery writers would of course include Carolyn Keene, Laura Lee Hope, Franklin W. Dixon, Gertrude Chandler Warner, Lemony Snicket, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle but some of my favorite modern authors are James Patterson, Anthony Horowitz, and the multiple authors of The 39 Clues.


What about you? What genre do you prefer to read and what books under that genre would you highly recommend?

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out some of those mystery authors you mentioned - I definitely have soft spot for a great mind-bending type mystery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Sherlock Holmes when I was in elementary! I used to read a lot of Agatha Christie! I haven't read a lot of mystery lately, I need to get back into it!

    I like basically any genre but right now I'm really enjoying fantasy! I talk about it in my my armchair BEA post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love romance and paranormal, but give me a good mystery and I'm a happy girl. I love James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series. Book 12 just came out and I'm behind.

    My Genre @ Lindsey Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should start reading some more Mystery books! It sucks though because I actually haven't been reading a whole lot lately, but hopefully I'll get back on a roll again. My favourite genre though has to be YA contemporary that's done right.. which is hard to find. I want ones that make me ball like a little baby, haha.

    Leanne @ Escaping With Books

    ReplyDelete